Antarctic Air Cruise – M/V Ocean Nova
Price on Application
A trip to Antarctica is for many the ultimate destination. A pristine environment virtually untouched by humankind, described time and again as one of the world's last great wildernesses. Where once only the boldest adventurers would brave this rugged continent, specially equipped ice-strengthened Antarctica expedition vessels now give small groups of adventure travellers the chance to experience the tremendous wildlife viewing opportunities on an Antarctica adventure tour, complete with shore landings and walks, with the support of an expert crew.
About this trip
The vessel used for the fly/cruise expeditions in Antarctica is The Ocean Nova. Built in Denmark in 1992, it is a modern and comfortable ship. Also, fully refurbished in 2006, her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expeditions in Antarctica. Ocean Nova accommodates 68 passengers in comfortable outside cabins with private facilities (single, twin and triple). Additionally, it has a glass-enclosed observation lounge, dining room, bar, library, small gym and infirmary. Furthermore, a fleet of Zodiac boats ideal for cruising and wildlife watching. The 14 departures in 2019/20 include a return flight between Punta Arenas in Chile and King George Island in the South Shetland archipelago.
Polar Circle Air Cruise
NB: All voyages are expeditions and are dependent on local weather and ice conditions
- Transfer Punta Arenas Airport/Hotel on first day of the voyage
- 1 night Punta Arenas Hotel with a welcome dinner including drinks
- 1 complimentary hotel night upon return from Antarctica (must be pre-booked)
- Flights Punta Arenas/Frei Station on King George Island/Punta Arenas.
- Shipboard Accommodation
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- All meals on board including a selection of Premium Chilean wine
- Coffee, tea, water & snacks throughout
- Comprehensive pre/post-voyage information
- Loan of waterproof expedition boots for walking the ice on excursions.
- Contingency Plan for air-cruise departures, subject to weather, ice and other factors
- Walking poles and a pair of snow shoes
- Pricing is in USD
- Pricing is per person based on twin share occupancy
- Sole occupancy pricing is available on application
- Optional activities are at an additional cost per person
Terms and Conditions apply
Contact us for full details