8 days Flavours of Tuscany
Departures March - October 2020
An unforgettable Tuscan experience, let us take you on the journey.
The vibrant region of Tuscany is much more than just an iconic part of Italy; it’s the peak of culture, tradition and authenticity.
Our Tantalising Tuscany tour combines the very best of culinary experiences and our incredibly popular Taste of Tuscany tour. If you’re a fan of food, fine dining, traditional cooking techniques and the history of Italian cuisine; this is the trip for you.
During your stay in our farmhouse villa, you’ll get to explore the surrounding scenery, travel into some of the most historic towns including Siena and Cortona, walk the fabled streets and of course partake of the finest quality ingredients and meals in Europe.
Not only will you be taken on a multitude of tours during your trip – you’ll also get to grips with the lifestyle in Tuscany first-hand, as well as have options to shop, dine, drink and much more in between.
We’d hate to blow our own horn, but there’s no denying just how popular this trip is amongst our guests. Many leave us stating that the cooking experience was one of the best in their lives, while others simply can’t get enough of the vineyards, olive oil tasting and guided walks that we offer.
You’ll get to learn family recipes from authentic Italian cooks, connect with the local artisans, indulge your taste buds and take part in daily culinary activities to truly submerse yourself in the Tuscan way of life.
You will also get to visit stunning locations, making this trip ideal for couples looking for a romantic retreat, families wanting to explore Italian cuisine together, and groups of friends after a unique holiday that they’ll remember forever.
- Tuscan Villa Accommodation (one location)
- Daily culinary ‘affair’
- Indulge in Tuscan cuisine & local wines
- Hands on Tuscan cooking
- Share in Traditional Family Recipes & get to know the chefs
- Day tours to iconic locations
- Meet and connect with local artisans
Located in the valley near the historical centre of Cortona, the accommodation, a Tuscan villa with old world rustic charm, is your home base for the duration of the tour. Unpack, settle in to your own private apartment and commence your Tuscan experience.
Set on wonderful grounds with a spectacular pool and all modern facilities, including laundry, it overlooks the Val di Chiana and the historical centre of Cortona. On your tour free days take advantage of the country setting, pick fruit from the trees, stroll through the lush Italian countryside or simply enjoy reading a book by the pool under the Tuscan sun.
TOUR BEGINS – CORTONA
The tour begins near the historical centre of Cortona. Upon arrival we will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Cortona is located 2.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Rome (Roma Termini) and 1.5 hours by regional train from the main train station in Florence (Santa Maria Novella).
PRIVATE TRANSFERS TO AND FROM THE VILLA:
Private vehicle transfers can be arranged from Airports/Hotels and transfer you directly to the accommodation. Quote available upon request.
TRAIN TRAVEL TO THE VILLA:
If you are already in Italy connection to either Roma Termini or Firenze Santa Maria Novella train stations is easily accessible via other train stations.
Either of these two major cities are a good option for your arrival into Italy and then travel to our location. We will meet you at our local train station Camucia-Cortona and will transfer you, via vehicle to the villa, which is a short drive into the countryside.
Arrival from Rome Airport:
- Take the Leonardo Express Train from Rome Airport to Roma Termini Train Station (this is a 30min journey)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (this is a 2.5hr journey)
Arrival from Florence Airport:
- Take the bus that goes to Firenze Santa Maria Novella Train Station (this takes approximately 30mins)
- From there take a regional train to Camucia-Cortona (this is a 1.5hr journey)
SAT / ARRIVAL
You'll be personally picked up and transported to your accommodation. Once back at the villa, you'll be given the opportunity to unwind and settle in. For dinner, we'll take you into Cortona where you can enjoy your first traditional Tuscany dining experience.
SUN / CORTONA
To get the first full day of your tour off to an exciting start, we'll head into the nearby town of Cortona; where we have plenty of things for you to see and do! Our enthusiastic tour guide will take you on an enjoyable walk of the town, with coffee included. To integrate you with the Tuscan lifestyle, you'll experience lunch at a local trattoria. With your stomach full, you'll have the opportunity to sit and relax to your heart's content or explore the town in greater detail.
Mid-afternoon If you feel ready to return to your apartment, we'll give you the option to be collected and transported at this time. If you choose to stay in Cortona or travel back home to the villa - we'll meet back up and take you into town in preparation for your evening meal. What better way to savour the flavours of Cortona than with a traditional aperitivo in the Piazza, followed by dinner!
MON / TRUFFLE HUNT, CHEESE & COOKING CLASS IN PIENZA
Today promises to be incredibly exciting, with plenty of adventures on the agenda. We'll travel to Podere il Casale to get our activities underway. You'll then get to take part in an exhilarating truffle hunt, followed by a cooking class where you'll learn how to prepare dishes with an Italian touch. Once your lesson has finished, you'll relish the free time in the Pienza, where you can explore to your heart's content. At 5pm we'll take you back to your accommodation. You might want to pick up some ingredients for dinner, or a bottle of wine to enjoy in your apartment - or by the pool as you watch the sunset.
TUE / OLIVE OIL & WINE IN MONTEPULCIANO
To get today off to a flying start, we'll be visiting the stunning hilltop town of Montepulciano. Once we arrive, you'll be greeted with a coffee and given an overview of the beautiful region. If the idea of an authentic wine tasting session appeals to you, you'll be pleased to hear that we'll be heading underground into an authentic wine cellar, where you'll also have lunch. Montepulciano is famous for its luxurious olive oil, so we'll make a stop to allow you to savour the subtle tones produced by some of the world's most popular oil makers. At 5pm, we'll head back to your accommodation where you can spend an hour or two relaxing by the pool or taking a walk around the local area. For dinner, you'll feel truly immersed in the Tuscan lifestyle , we intend to visit a traditional pizzeria.
WED / SIENA
The next town on our tour is Siena. We'll head there bright and early to allow you to take in the stunning sights as we travel. You'll then get to enjoy a walking tour of the town, much of which dates back centuries. In your free time, you can shop, engage with the locals, catch a quick bite to eat for lunch, or relax near one of the local landmarks. There are plenty of attractions in the town to enjoy and you'll have several hours to do so. We plan on heading back to your accommodation at 3:30pm to allow you to unwind and enjoy a little leisure time. Many of our guests take this opportunity to capture memories with their camera in the nearby scenery. At 7pm, we'll head into Cortona for a stylish dinner, complete with locally produced wine to further immerse you in the Tuscan way of life.
THU / WINE TASTING IN CHIANTI
If you're looking for an ideal gift for a loved one, the traditional and instantly recognisable bottles of Chianti wine may well be the way to go. We'll be heading to this traditional town early in the morning. We'll make a stop at Castellina for coffee where you'll be able to get your bearings and look forward to the day ahead. You will be enjoying lunch at the Antica Macelleria Cecchini in Panzano - a traditional eatery that specialises in a variety of Italian dishes and more. To tingle your taste buds, we'll then take you to a wine tasting session in Chianti, where you'll get to savour the unique flavours and talk to the makers about their processes.
FRI / TOUR FREE DAY
As your trip slowly comes to an end, we allocate this time for you to choose the types of activities that you'd like to partake in - from exploring the nearby area, to relaxing by the pool. Whatever you choose to do, we'll ensure that you're back in time for a traditional Italian Aperitivo, followed by a farewell dinner to mark the end of your visit.
SAT / DEPARTURE
In the morning, we'll take you back to the local station for your onward travels with plenty of Tuscan memories to savour for a lifetime.
Tour cost includes:
- Enjoy your own apartment in our renovated Tuscan farmhouse villa for 7 nights
- Our bilingual hosts & tour leaders will be on hand throughout the tour to assist you
- We’ve scheduled an exciting itinerary to ensure that your trip is fantastic
- You’ll find provisions in your apartment and we’ll provide breakfasts, too
- This trip includes no less than 4 tantalising lunches – ideal for fans of food
- For lovers of wine and Italian cuisine, you’ll be pleased to hear that 5 dinners are a part of this package
- Enjoy a Truffle Hunt, followed by a cooking experience where you’ll learn to make cheese, pasta and traditional Italian desserts
- Our guided walking tours in Cortona and Siena are some of our most popular features
- We’ll stop off for wine and olive oil tasting in the Montepulciano region
- You’ll also receive a complementary bottle of wine and beer from us
- Take part in wine tasting activities at local vineyards and establishments
- We’ll cater for all of your itinerary travel, saving you the need to rent a vehicle
- On your free days we’d be happy to transport you to the local stations
- We’ll pick you up to start your trip and drop you back off safely for your departure
- If you’d like to travel back into Cortona on your tour-free day, we can help with this, too
Tour Cost: AUD $3,950 per person, twin share
Single Occupancy: AUD $450
2020 Tour Dates
2nd May | 13th June | 11th July | 8th August | 3rd October
Chat to us more if you are looking for a tour outside these dates
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Tours and tariffs are subject to change.
- 25% deposit of the overall tour cost is required at the time a booking is confirmed.
- Balance of the payment will be due within 30 days of booking confirmation.
- If your booking is made within 56 days of the departure date the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
- All tours, travel arrangements and accommodations are secure from the time of confirmation of booking. Consequently, a fee will apply on all cancellations.
- If you cancel your tour for any reason, your first deposit of 25% is non-refundable.
- If you leave a tour for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make refunds for unused services, if you fail to join a tour or join it after its departure or leave it prior to its completion no refund will be made.
- In the unlikely event that we would cancel your tour, you would be entitled to a 100% refund within 2 weeks of the tour cancellation date.
- Single travellers are provided a private apartment. The additional single supplement cost will apply.